Friday, December 5, 2014

[GCDP] Padang, Day 39 to Day 43

Day 39
GLS has ended and it was time for faci team trip to Bukittinggi. 6 of us, Alaa, Aldo, Icha, Dea, Bina and me, hired a car plus driver to take us to Bukittinggi. After about close to 4 hours, we arrive and we met with Icha's dad before heading to a store for a bowl of bakso (meatball) noodles.

After that, we walk up to the clock tower while passing by a parade held by a school in conjunction with Indonesia's National Day. Went shopping for souvenirs and it started raining heavily. Once it has subside, we went to the Japanese tunnel. Once going in, I decided that I needed to leave as I had promise to be back in the orphanage to teach but more importantly, it was also the last day for Joy and Sebastian. It was also Alaa's last day in Padang. We took a group photo and I left with Aldo to find Icha's dad, grab our stuff and find a car that would take us back to Padang A.S.A.P.

Group photo at Lobang Jepang on Alaa's last day
Once in the car, we were on our back to Padang. My heart was beating fast as every minute passes by. Manage to call and message my teaching partners to stay there as I was on my way back. Once I have arrived in Padang, particularly in Lubeg, I ran to the orphanage and into the classroom. Manage to catch up and pass the souvenirs I have got for them from Bukittinggi. It was an emotional time and sometimes, goodbyes are the hardest things to say. It is never goodbye as we will meet each other, one day in some part of the world.

If you are reading this, I just want to say thank you and it's a privilege to be able to teach alongside the 3 of you and thousand apologies for any mistakes I have made and particularly on the day I was suppose to be back at the orphanage on your farewell but hey, things happen and it was better late than never.
With my fellow teachers
L-R: Juri, me, Joy and Sebastian
After coming back home, I went in the room with a heavy heart especially with all the farewells in the day. It was also a realization that there will be many more farewells in the week to come and soon, it will be my turn to leave Padang.

Day 40
It was back to teaching after being away for 3 weeks due to the Idul Fitri break and GLS. Schedule has now change which meant coming at 4pm for the next few days. Taught the students about verbs and took lots of photos with them. Got a gift from Dina and even though it was a simple gift, it came from the heart and it taught/reminded me that its the thought that counts. 

One of the many wefie with the students
After class, it was time to meet up with the AIESECers in Pondok for dinner and Bina's farewell. Eat, talk, laugh and take photos. 


Another day, another farewell.

Day 41
Went for karaoke at lunch since a number of us were leaving soon and we just sang our hearts out. After karaoke, it was time for the photo booth.

At the orphanage, it was a mixture of both things: welcoming Angela, my new teaching partner and Juri's farewell.

With the students, Angela (on the left) and Juri (on the right)
Day 42
Went to Basko Mall with Meiki and met up with Moniq for lunch at Pizza Hut before going to the arcades. Karaoke and getting a whole lot of tickets. A lot of tickets from games and machine that allows you to win a lot of tickets.


It was a fun day out before heading to the orphanage to teach alongside Angela.

A day at the arcade with those tickets
Taught for an hour before heading to the Jati for the farewell party of most of my fellow interns who were leaving the next day onwards. Pictures, hugs and well wishes to those I have met since starting my internship.

After the farewell party, it was time for another GLS faci and CC dinner and another farewell, this time for Dea.



Day 43
At the AIESEC office for Nikki's farewell and the welcome party for the new interns of the Minang Explorer.






No comments:

Post a Comment