Tuesday, September 11, 2012

[AIESEC] AIESEC Photo A Day Part 1

Hey readers. 

This is my second blog post and this time it is about this photo campaign I did a few months back in June. The campaign is called 'AIESEC Photo A Day June', where throughout the whole month of June, a photo is posted up based on the theme of the day.

AIESEC Photo A Day June
It was meant for those who had Instagram but for those who did not have Instagram, they could post it on Facebook or on a blog. I did it on Facebook throughout the entire month of June, thinking of what picture to post up for that day's theme. Some were easy, some were difficult and some did not make any sense in my opinion. I shall relived each and every photo that was posted on to Facebook into this post starting with the first 10 themes. Enjoy! =)

Day 1: My AIESEC

LLDS May 2012
This photo sums up how far I have come in AIESEC. Since joining AIESEC back in August 2009, it's been a journey of ups and downs (including a year's absence as I was battling for my life to overcome a serious health problem)and the main reason why I'm still in AIESEC: people. I thank every single person I have met in AIESEC and all I can say, it's been a blast! =D


Day 2: Sugar Cubes

L-R: Sugar cubes from LLDS, RLDS and MyLDS
These are the sugar cubes that I have received at 3 conferences (or rather 2.1 as I could only make it for the last day of MyLDS 2012).
All these messages are just motivating and inspiring. ♥ I could read it all day long and it puts a smile on my face. The sugar cubes from RLDS and LLDS had one thing in common: dance. How did I get that in my sugar cubes? Stay tuned for that on Day 6 - Roll Call! =D


 Day 3: Leadership

During LC Simulation at RLDS 2011

Everyone has a different definition of leadership. Mine is inspire. A leader inspires his/her team to work together to achieve a common goal. What's yours? =)

This photo was taken during LC (Local Committee) Simulation at RLDS 2011 and I got the chance to be LCP (Local Committee President) of China for a day!

 Day 4: Someone Who Makes You Happy

Raymond (left) and me
Cheers for all the crazy things we have done together!
Loreal Brandstorm - due date for preliminaries and still busy typing in the car on the way to UKM and of course going all the way to semis
MyLDS 2012 (at least before I got sick)
RLDS 2012 - first and possibly last conference together
Your infectious laughter (including your evil laughter) just makes my day better! Thank you for that and all the best in your upcoming term. =D

 Day 5: Workplace


Doing work anywhere in Taylor's - library, 24/7 study area, computer lab, classrooms, commercial block (usually The V until it closed down) and more recently, the R&D centre.

(Picture taken at the 24/7 study area)

Day 6: Roll Call


Among all the days of the AIESEC A Photo A Day June, this is something that I look forward to. =) Roll call, be it the cheer type (eg. Hong Kong Roll Call, one of my personal favourites) or the dance type, is an energizer that re-energizes people when they are feeling tired especially during conferences and a way to connect with other AIESECers (if you know a roll call, chances are other AIESECers know as well).

Everytime I do a roll call, especially the dance type also known as square dance, I give it everything I got and I feel re-energize. =D I love it when people join in the fun as well. It's not about being the best dancer but it's more about being confident in yourself, being comfortable among your peers and most importantly, have fun! =D

I would have never though that doing square dances/roll calls would have inspire people which I experience during RLDS 2011 at UNMC (hence, most of my sugar cubes at RLDS or LLDS had the word dance [refer Day 2: sugar cube]). I have done square dances in my own LC but to do it in front of 200 delegates, it was totally out of this world!

Here are some FB comments or sugar cubes I got related to dance ♥.
"James Soo represent the whole RLDS as the square dance leader :D" Raymond Her (after RLDS)
Other than that, I've been called the square dance king/king of square dance. No comment there.

“I am very inspired by your enthusiasm during square dance. Respect and Salute.” Nic

"Keep dancing" Charlie

“I enjoy how you willingly took up the role in guiding everyone how to square dance.” Kelvin Yee

“I like how you took the initiative to dance in front of others! It’s amazing and makes the whole LC crazy." Wan Yu

“I love your energy when you dance! Keep it up!” Chooi Lin

“The Square Dance Guy!” Kevin Go

“Loved the energy you bring in dances, haha!” John Geronimo

“Your dancing skills extremely geng!” Anna

“I love your square dance moves and I would really love it if you can have a session with us to teach every single move to us” Hoe Yen
I will try to work on that. =)

These are some of the square dances/roll calls I know:
Roll Call/Square Dance: Mr. Q, Light Up The World, Green Light, Double Vision, Waka Waka (CEC version), Waving Flag, Go Girls, Cotton Eye Joe, I Like It Like That, Le Le, Xi Shua Shua, It’s The Time To Disco, My First Kiss, Upside Down, La Bomba, Life In The New Millennium, Sex Bomb, The Edge of Glory (AI 2011/2012 version), Such A Happy Day (MyLDS 2012 Faci version), Louder (MyLDS 2012 OC version and AIESEC Mongolia version), Ice Cream and Cake, Morto Muito Loco (aka Zombie Dance), Shake It, Tunak Tunak Tun, Lips Like Sugar, Judas, Everybody Talks, Now Or Never

It's one of the many things I like about AIESEC. ♥ =D

[Pictures L-R clockwise: Lips Like Sugar, Double Vision, La Bomba, Morto Muito Loco/Zombie Dance, Waving Flag, Bebot, Go Girls, Mr. Q & Green Light]

 Day 7: Shadow


1/7/2011 After being away due to health reasons and some thoughts about it, it was time to come out from my shadows and make my comeback.

[Taken during AIESEC Taylor's Award Night 2011 on 1 July, the day I decided to make my comeback. Credits to Daniel Ting]

 Day 8: Inside Your Organizer


 Name card and recognition of my performance. =)

Day 9: Before I Joined AIESEC

  
Someone who was outgoing among the quiet ones and quiet among the outgoing ones. Introvert, reserved and quiet. Like a rough diamond, had potential that needed to be polished and found the platform that allowed me to be who I am today.

Day 10: OMG!

Double The James, Double The Fun

The OMG yet awesome moment when another person has the same name as you. =)

Stay tuned for part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment