Sunday, September 23, 2012

[AIESEC] I Am An AIESECer

Hey readers! =D

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. The latest theme for the AIESEC National Recruitment Blog Campaign is "I Am An AIESECer". I am, at this moment, still an AIESECer and have been one since August 2009.

I Am An AIESECer as stated by my merchandises.
Through the years I have been in AIESEC, there are a number of memorable moments which makes me proud to say that I am an AIESECer. Here we go.

Memorable moment #1
Conferences, especially my first AIESEC conference. Click on the link to find out more about my first AIESEC conference. In a nutshell, this conference was one of the life changing moments in my AIESEC journey and one I will not forget for a long time.

Group photo at the end of RLDS 2011
LLDS was not bad either as everyone within the local committee/chapter bonded together over 3 days and it was an awesome experience. =)

Group photo at the end of LLDS May 2012

Memorable moment #2
Creating a video for a contest which was for a national conference, MyLDS 2012. It was my first time creating a video related to AIESEC and this is where I unleash my creativity in making the video. Credits to Raymond Her and Jimmy for helping out with the filming of the video which was done mainly in UKM, where the conference was held. Had loads of fun while filming of the video and it has rank 2nd out of 5 videos in terms of number of likes. So, if you want to know why you should go for this conference, here's my take on it. =)


Memorable moment #3
Term 2011/2012 was personally for me the term where I made my return to AIESEC and grab many opportunities that came along throughout that term. Applied for many positions which includes Organising Committee President/Project Manager of RAwR (didn't get it but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger), Chief Delegate of MyLDS for LC TU, Manager of Finance and Administration and even Vice President of Finance and Administration for AIESEC Malaysia 2012/2013 (didn't get it but still a worthy attempt).

To be rewarded and recognised for my performance throughout the term is something that I am really proud of and hope that this will inspire all AIESECers to do their very best throughout their AIESEC journey.

Recognition received throughout AIESEC Taylor's Award and Alumni Night (ATAAN)
Memorable moment #4
Since being in AIESEC, I always wanted to go back to my secondary school, SMK Subang Jaya, to see an AIESEC related event being held there. That day finally came on 20 September 2012 where the Raising Awareness with Reaction (RAwR for short) team conducted a HIV/AIDS Champion Workshop for the Form 4 students. I had the privilege to present the first few slides about AIESEC and myself. Being introduced by the school counselor, Puan Lee as an alumnus to the students is a day that I will never forget as my wish came true. =)

Montage of the HIV/AIDS Workshop in SMK Subang Jaya. Credits to Puan Chuah.



Memorable Moment #5
Just being part of this big family and one that I will cherish for life, all the fun, crazy and enjoyable times. We work hard and we play harder! Everyone does their best in everything they do to ensure that we learn and grow as one entity. There is a saying that reflects this: " If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together". - African Proverb.

One Big AIESEC Family

These are my my proudest moments in AIESEC.

If I weren't an AIESECer, I would be the same person that I was before joining AIESEC: quiet, lack of confidence, a perspective towards the world that has not really expand and many other negative characteristics compared to the person I am now: confident, capable, committed and reliable.

In fact, none of the above moments or experiences that I have gain in AIESEC would have existed in the first place if I weren't an AIESECer.

It is because of AIESEC that I get to meet people from all walks of life both locally and internationally.
It is because of AIESEC that I keep on stepping out of my comfort zone.
It is because of AIESEC that I am who I am today.

Sure, there are other platforms out there to develop yourself but AIESEC is one of the fastest growing platform to develop yourself. So, take the plunge and experience it for yourself.

If you are still unsure, do read this note, "If You Are Wondering Why AIESEC", shared by Yana Makaveeva, President of AIESEC UAE 2012/2013 and written by Nawaz Latif, Vice President Organizational Development of AIESEC United Arab Emirates (UAE) 2012/2013 on behalf of AIESEC UAE at Open Thinking Day 2012.

Last but not least, I am proud to say that

6 comments:

  1. Hi James, could you tell me when is MyLDS 2013? I really want to attend :D

    Linh - AIESEC Vietnam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linh,

      MyLDS 2013 will be held towards the end of January 2013 in USM which is located in Penang. Just stay tuned for the MyLDS FB page! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, James. Can you send me the link? I found MyLDS 2012 - S.E.E.D on facebook but have not found MyLDS 2013 yet :D. By the way, has OC team finalized the exact time yet? I really want to book flight ticket asap to get a cheap one. And do you know the fee for international delegates? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linh.

      I do not have the link as it has yet to be released by the OC Team from AIESEC USM, the host of MyLDS 2013. As for the details such as exact time and fee, I do not know about it either as the OC Team have yet to release it. Sorry about that.

      You can send an email to Ken, MC VP TM AIESEC Malaysia at boon_ken.lim@aiesec.net to ask him about more about MyLDS 2013 as well as getting the contacts of the OC Team.

      Delete