Wednesday, July 23, 2014

[GCDP] Padang, Day 11 & 12

Day 11
We showed the children pictures of our trip to Bukittinggi. From the waterfall in Lembah Anai to the Minangkabau House in Padang Pajang to Puncak Lawang, Lebang Jepang and finally, Bukittinggi. We related Bukittinggi with the topic of market, teaching the students on how to buy and sell as well as to bargain at the market.

Lessons on buying and selling at the market

Had lunch at this place called Pho Nam or something like that. The meal was cheaper than at Kiosk.

After that, we went to Capitea. It is more for a place to chill and relax rather than getting a proper meal.


After that, went to the AIESEC office to work on my application and met with Syaban before going to his aunt's place for dinner.

Dinner for the day

After dinner, we went to Capitea to chill and talk more and Syaban decided to bring me to the main campus of Andalas University at night and it is closer to where I stay as compared to the other campuses.


You can also see the view of the city from the top of the university.

Selfie with Syaban before he leaves for Jakarta


There was a funny moment before we left UNAND when one of the dogs started chasing us on the motorbike and I started screaming for my life and we went to a dead end. Luckily, the dog has its own limit. What a way to end the night and the day.

Day 12
In the orphanage, we continue our lesson on buying and selling so the students take turns to be the buyer and seller. We also taught them about currency, presidents and singing Bruno Mar's Nothing On You.


After that, lunch at Kiosk. Had curry chicken rice for lunch although I ordered Javanese fried noodles but I exchange it with Joy.


Done with lunch and I went to the post office to buy some postcards and sent it to my family and friends.


These postcards will be reaching Malaysia soon. =)

Went to the AIESEC office and they had an iGIP departmental meeting. Remembering the times especially with the MoUs and visas. Went back home for dinner and went to work on my application for GLS. From taking a short nap, I fell asleep. To be continued in the next post regarding my GLS application.

No comments:

Post a Comment