Monday, July 28, 2014

[GCDP] Padang, Day 17

Day 17
It's a day of many things. My 17th day in Padang, the 21st anniversary of AIESEC in Universitas Andalas, celebrating the eve of Idul Fitri with two students and the last day of Ramadhan which is also the eve of Hari Raya Aidilfitri/Idul Fitri/Eid Mubarak.

Was working on my previous blog post at home and helping out my host family on the eve of Idul Fitri.

Mama gave Meiki and I a ride to Plaza SPR as Joy and I were meeting up with our students, Ririn and Cori at J.Co to celebrate the end of Ramadhan before they head back to their hometown. We eat some sandwiches before heading to KFC for a more filling meal. Both Joy and I treated our students at J.Co and KFC.

It is the festive season and treating our students is the least we could do to bring some festive cheer.

With our students
(L-R): Joy, Ririn, Cori, Me

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Selamat Hari Raya Aidlfitri/Idul Fitri/Happy Eid Mubarak to my Muslim friends in whichever part of the world they are in.

It will be a new experience celebrating Hari Raya in Indonesia as compared to celebrating Raya in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we celebrate all festivals regardless of race and religion and that is what makes my country unique.

Once again, I end my post with Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment