Friday, July 25, 2014

[GCDP] Padang, Day 13 & 14

Day 13
Continue from Day 12. Woke up early to see that it was almost 5am and I have not submitted my application for GLS. Went to have breakfast around 5 something and started fasting for the whole day.

Went back to my room to continue my application and submit it even though it was way beyond the deadline submission.

Was writing my blog post for day 11 & 12 when my host mum ask if I would like to go to the airport with them to pick up my host brother, Meiki. I decided to go with them and waiting for about 30 minutes before Meiki step out of the arrival hall.

Meiki, my host brother in the grey shirt
We went back home and I hang my clothes out to dry which was in the washing machine while picking Meiki up from the airport. After that, pack my things and went to the orphanage. Today was a more relaxing day as they were playing games and it was the last lesson before the Lebaran/Hari Raya holidays.

Went to Pondok and met up with Sebastian who was later join by Blanka and Mary. I was still halfway through my fasting ordeal, that I either look at their food or scrolling through Facebook on my phone.

Took a nap before heading to the post office with Blanka and Mary to get more postcards. Went back home after that and finish up my previous post. Got an email from Nikos to say that my application have been accepted and I was happy yet relieved. Arrange the time for the interview and hoping that I will have a chance to be the faci for GLS.

Went to take my clothes from the third floor of my host home and took a picture from the top.


 Was doing my work and waited until it was 6:30pm and finally broke my fast. It definitely test my patience and understand how it feels to be in the shoes of some people that do not have the luxury to eat everyday.

Pass some keychains which I have made for my host family and also pass some batik handkerchiefs from Malaysia to Abang Man and Abang Iwal.

Slept early since I did not have class until the second week of August.

Day 14
Woke up later than usual at 9:30am since there was no class.

Decided to have my own 'me time' to rest especially there was almost something to do everyday.

Went to Plaza Andalas for lunch and met with Safwan who was about to leave P.A. Had lunch while Safwan went through the information booklet about Malaysia.

Went to Robinson's to look at the helmet on sale. Probably one of my weirdest purchase in my life.


After that, we went to the AIESEC office to wait for the other EPs before we start our weekly meeting. Ilma was giving Joy some Bahasa lessons and it was just funny.

When the others had return from the beach, we started our meeting, voicing out problems if we have any and those who are leaving Padang for the holidays had to inform the iGCDP team.

Waited for Meiki and Wulan to arrive before we went for dinner and break fasting at Safari.


You can see the sunset from the restaurant.


Had black pepper beef fried rice and Milo ice for dinner.

Nikos joined us for dinner as well and what's a dinner without a group photo and selfies.


After Wulan headed to the ATM, went to McDonalds where we met Domi and as well as the other AIESECers there: Dhana, Siraj, Vini, Ahmad, Ilma, Aldo and Agung.


Wulan dropped me and Meiki at Pasar Baru and we waited for Mama to pick us up from there.

Ordered roti bakar for supper and breakfast.

Went with Meiki for his supper which was chicken noodles with beef ball. It was really good.

Roti bakar in the making

My helmet
Mama picked us up and we went back home. Had my roti bakar at home and just went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment